Last updated: September 2021
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with your data. We use your data to provide and improve our Service. By using our Service you, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
2. Data Collection & Use
MeatMe may collect information about the device (which includes web browsers, mobile phones, computers or other internet connected devices) you use to access our services. This log information may include but not limited to your internet protocol address, device info, date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your device. We use this information to operate, develop and improve our services.
3. Cookies Policy
“Session cookies”: These are used to maintain a so-called ‘session state’ and only lasts for the duration of your use of the Website. A session cookie expires when you close your browser, or if you have not visited the server for a certain period of time. Session cookies are required for the Platform to function optimally, but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
“Permanent cookies”: These cookies permanently store a unique code on your computer or smart device hard drive in order to identify you as an individual user. No Personal Information is stored in permanent cookies. You can view permanent cookies by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation. These permanent cookies are not required for the MeatMe website to work, but may enhance your browsing experience.
4. Data Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of outside of MeatMe except for the following cases:
- We have your consent.
- For legal reasons: We may provide personal information when we have a good-faith believe that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MeatMe, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
5. Data Security
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- When applicable, we use industry standard encryption to protect the communication between all compatible devices and our services.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to authorized users who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
6. Data Retention
MeatMe will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
7. Your Rights
MeatMe aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us to make the required changes. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to MeatMe. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
8. Technology Partners, External Links and Children’s Privacy
MeatMe allows other companies, called Technology Partners, to provide analytics or other contracted work to augment the MeatMe service. They automatically receive your IP address when this happens.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.